Mary Shores, an ACA International member and president of Midstate Collection Solutions Inc. in Champaign, Illinois, shared her three best tips for finding business opportunities as an entrepreneur in a recent article in Forbes.
In the article, Shores touches on some of the intuitive feelings an entrepreneur might tap into on the cusp of a new business venture. The following are key highlights from her recommendations:
Keep Your Eyes Open
- Look for opportunities in the most unexpected places.
- Foster connections everywhere because they could lead to more open doors.
Keep Your Mind Primed
- Make sure you are in the right mindset for new opportunities—otherwise you could miss out.
- Open your mind to new ways of thinking.
Practice for Progress
- Practice keeping your eyes open and your mind primed for new opportunities until it becomes second nature.
- Go out of your comfort zone and remain as open-minded as possible.
If you have executive leadership updates or other member news to share with ACA, contact our communications department at [email protected]. View our news submission guidelines here.